Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

Well, things are going well up in our neck of the woods. We've gotten settled, and we're loving Wellsville. Our ward is fabulous! Trav has already received a calling as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency. He also received a calling in the Trapper Trails Council of the Boy Scouts of America to be the High Adventure Training Chairman. He's really excited about all of these opportunities. I'm still lurking in the shadows, enjoying Relief Society for a change.


Trav has also made some big choices since we last posted. . . he quit his foreclosure job and is currently attending Real Estate School. He has been given a mentorship opportunity in commercial real estate with his Grandpa Hirschi here in town. We're excited for the future career this opportunity holds! He takes his real estate test on the 16th. He's a little nervous, but we all know he'll do great!


We had a lot of fun putting up our Christmas tree and lights this year. We spent most of Thanksgiving Day putting up the decorations, except when we were enjoying Trav's mom's absolutely amazing food! Here's what our final product turned out to be...





We also had the Vernon Family Christmas Party on the 29th of November. We went bowling before greeting Santa. It was a blast!
Rory rolled up his pants...and then began having an amazing game...

So Dad decided to try it too!


Bree's Cousins

Brady and Megan.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

hey bree, sorry i stopped talkin to ya on facebook, motherhood was calling : ) glad you guys are having a nice holiday season so far. see you in a few weeks!

Sarah said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog. You have to add me to your friends, because I'm adding you so I can stalk on you. Your new house looks lovely, you decorate very cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well for you two. It sounds like everything is working out perfectly for you guys. Good luck Trav on your test. That's awesome you'll do great!

Emily said...

Hi! I finally let out the blog address. I was waiting for you to post something new...Your tree is beautiful. Glad all is well. Tell Trav we wish him luck on his test. By the way...cute background! love ya, em

Jenny said...

Good luck with you test Trav!! I am sure it will go well.

Enjoy RS while you can. I am sure you will get snached up so fast.

Your tree is darling.
Wish you guys could come to the party on Saturday.

Nicole Mecham said...

Your tree looks great! I will come by and see it sometime. Way to go on getting lights on your house too! Your family is so cute! I really liked the rolling up your pants to help you bowl better. I am going to try that next time.

Valerie Plowman said...

That is fun you have a blog!

Bree, I haven't ever seen you in person with blonde hair, but I think I like it brown. That is my two bits :)