Monday, October 18, 2010

They're Here!

Introducing.....

Tayson David Allred
Born October 11, 2010 10:55PM
4lbs 14oz, 17 inches long




AND

Brielle Collette Allred
Born October 11, 2010 11:09PM
4lbs 2oz, 17 inches long



Well, I'm feeling great. The delivery went really well. I'll spare you the details, but my water broke in the doctor's office that morning, I had an amazing epidural, pushing is REALLY hard, and I was able to deliver both babies vaginally. It was an unforgetable and spiritual experience, one that still brings tears to my eyes, and I'll never forget it. Trav and I have both fallen hard and fast for these two little spirits that have entered our lives. We've forever been changed. I never believed I could love something so much, let alone two somebodies. The twins have been in the NICU since birth. They've been doing really good. We're now working on getting them to take all of their feedings by mouth and getting them to be gaining weight steadily. We hope they'll be home at the end of the week, but it just all depends. There is never a guarantee.

Here are a few of our favorite pictures from the past week. I warn you.... you'll fall in love, so proceed with caution!





18 comments:

Meg said...

I absolutely LOVE that last picture. Glad you are all doing so well.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Congrats!! Oh my goodness they are both beautiful! Makes me cry to see your perfect little angels. So thrilled for you.

Maclaine & Sara said...

Congratulations! So glad to hear everything went well--they are perfect. Keep the updates coming and you are right, you have been changed forever. There's nothing better than being a mom! Wishing you a quick recovery & I hope the twins get to come home soon.

Jenny said...

They are beautiful!!! Too bad I didn't keep my nicu job for a few more months so I could get the chance to be their nurse.

Glad all is well with you guys. Good luck getting them home. I can't wait to meet them.

Sara said...

They are so adorable. I am so happy for you. Soak them up as much as you can cause they grow up fast!

Sam and Lacey said...

I have been checking your blog every day for the last two weeks waiting for this post.

You are right - I fell in love with the pics. Especially the last one where they are all cuddled up.

Stacy said...

They are so cute! Congrats to both of you!! I am glad to hear that Mom and babies are doing well!

Stacey said...

OK, they are officially the cutest kids on the planet (that are not Wabel's of course :) I am so happy for all of you! Congratulations! Hopefully you can all go home very very soon!

And that last pic? So amazingly sweet :)

Katie said...

They are so sweet and perfect. Oh. I love the last pic too. :) I'm glad you're all doing great! Congratulations again!

Emily said...

Wow, congratulations you 2(or you 4 I should say). Those 2 mini babies are so adorable. You did so well and look so good Bree! What a blessing they are doing so well. I wish I could see them...Good luck with taking them home, it will be an adventure!

The Carpenter Family said...

Soooo Cute!!! We are so happy for you guys! Good luck at getting them home. We wish you the best!

Lexie@BookBug said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for all four of you! They are beautiful and I'm glad everything went smoothly with the delivery. Let us know when we can babysit! (I'm sure there is a waiting line!)

Tara and Ricky said...

Wow!! I'm fairly sure my heart just melted a tiny bit at that last picture! What a beautiful little pair they make! Just be sure you don't blink.... they will grow up so much faster than you think. Enjoy every moment!!

Marcia said...

Congrats!!! They are so cute.

Jenn Oldham said...

They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Yes, I agree pushing does stink!!! It is very hard. My baby was exactly the weight of your babies combined, 8 lbs 13 oz and I thought I was NEVER going to be able to get her out.

I am glad to see they are doing so well and that you were able to have a vaginal delivery. I felt the worst for the girls who have a vaginal delivery and then a c-section. STINKY!!!!

Love the names you picked=) Enjoy being a mommy, it only gets better with time!!!

Love,

Jenn Fager (Oldham)
www.princessbordelga.blogspot.com

Misty said...

They are so sweet!! Good job!

Sara said...

Congrats Allred family! They are beautiful, and they are so lucky to come to you as parents! Best wishes! Love, The Burris family

April and Jared Fenn said...

I can't believe you had those babies vaginally! You are truly amazing. We're so happy for you guys.