Monday, June 25, 2012

Almost 3 Weeks Ago

Well, almost 3 weeks ago I was sitting in my chemo chair taking it all in for the last time.  Boy it felt good.  I celebrated.  It was my No Mo' Chemo day.  I even took ice cream and rice crispy treats to share with all my fellow fighters.  One of us was missing though....her absence was evident....I wondered where she was, we'd talked about celebrating together today just 2 weeks prior.....I later found out she'd lost her fight.  I missed you Tish.  You would have loved my No Mo' Chemo party, but I'm glad you fought your fight so hard and with such amazing optimism and courage that simply by sitting next to you every 2 weeks you made my life better.  You touched me.  Thank you for that.

Now, here I am almost 3 weeks later.  I have stubble (he, he, he), I'm growing armpit hairs, and I had to shave my legs again.  I'm a SURVIVOR.  It feels amazing and scary all at the same time.  I've been forever changed by cancer.  I'm working on a list.....the Top 10 Things I Learned from Cancer.  It's been hard to put into words what I've learned and what cancer has taught me, how it has changed me, but I'm working on it and I'll post it soon.

1 comments:

serra said...

can't wait to see your list. And when are we having a celebratory bbq!!???