Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Worst Blogger Ever

So, call me the worst blogger ever! Between a lack of time, and what seems to be a pretty monotonous life, I just haven't sat down to post a blog for well over a month. Sorry to all of you who have been checking our blog religiously. I'm sure it is no fun to log on time after time and see the same post over and over again. So, here's what's been going on in our neck of the woods. . . .

We continue to have lots of snow--there's still a minimum of 3 feet on the ground, but at least you can see the roads now. That is mostly due to the sun and has absolutely nothing to do with this state's highly commendable plow system.
I'm still working both jobs and loving it! Trav is doing really well with AMS. The foreclosure market is still booming. He recently set the record for the third best week in company history, and also holds the number one week set sometime early last year. We both just completed country swing and ballroom dance classes. Travis is actually really good--better than he will ever admit to anyone. I think he secretly enjoys it!!! Cha, Cha, Cha.
We're currently training for a 25K triathlon that will take place in the thriving town of Evanston on May 17th. We're hoping to complete the 3.3 mile run, 12 mile bike, and 500 meter swim without any medical emergencies. We've actually been able to get out of bed and make it to the gym by 6 am everyday. Surprisingly, we're both more energetic with our lack of sleep.
Trav turned 26 on February first. He is officially over a quarter of a century old. Being the gourmet cook that he is, his only birthday want was a new set of knives.



He also decided that to fit in with the Search and Rescue at the dog sled race and fishing derby that he needed to grow a beard. Here's his theatrical beard debut.





7 comments:

Jenny said...

You are alive!!! I was so worried. I don't know about the beard Trav. It might scare the small children. However you will certainly fit it with the Wyoming locals. Let me know when it is long enough and I will braid it for ya!!!

Stacy said...

I am impressed! You guys are going to do a 25K, WOW, I think I would die!!! Happy belated birthday Travis! I hope you had a great one, old timmer! I am glad you guys are doing so well. I can't wait to go on our Wildwood trip this year, it has been a long time since all of us have been together! It will be a BLAST!!!

Stacy said...

Hey Travis, this is Simi
I have to say you look dang sexy in a beard. Grow it out and i'll leave my wife for you! LoL

Justen said...

Hey, its you guys! I'm so glad you found us. I saw your picture in the Evanston paper when you first signed on in that new physical therapy place and I was going to stop by but never did. All of our trips to E-town seem to be frantic. We'll have to connect one of these times. Maybe at the 15k?

Dave said...

Hey, I saw your comment on Justen's blog and thought I'd say hi. You must have thought Justen and I were so cool that you had to move to our hometown. Send me your email (daviddefay@gmail.com) and I'll email you an invitation to our blog (defayfamily.blogspot.com)

erin and shaun said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that everything's still going well. Going to the gym at 6 am?! I'm impressed! I too am trying to lose those grad school pounds but I'm certainly not about to give up my sleep! :)

Misty said...

Hey Bree!Good blogger or not, we still love you! Good luck with the training...I need you to come motivate me to get off my rear! Facial hair is good...for men. :) My Travis has had facial hair since we were married...it makes him look older. If only he had some at our wedding, so that it didn't look like I married a minor! Love ya!