Sunday, September 21, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Well, things here in Evanston have been absolutely wonderful over the past year, but it seems that all things good eventually come to an end. Unfortunately, it may be time for this good thing to come to an end. We've had some big decisions to make lately. Here's our journey. . .




It all began about two months ago. The clinic I work for has two locations, one here in Evanston, and another 45 miles east of here over the "sisters" (as everyone calls them) in the Bridger Valley. My boss decided that in order to run his business effectively that he needed to be in the Evanston clinic now, which left me driving over to the Bridger Valley 3 days a week. The clinic, co-workers, and patients in the Bridger Valley are amazing; however, the drive is not. In the winter time it is one of the most treacherous drives--in fact last year they closed the roads all together for 3 days straight on several occasions. What is usually a 45 minute drive can turn into 3-4 hours sometimes. This is not something I am wanting to do. I discussed this with my boss; however, he still felt it was best for his business for him to be here in Evanston. I understand, but that doesn't leave me in a great situation.




After 1 1/2 years with this establishment I've hesitated leaving it. It's been a great experience and I've learned a lot. I've grown to love the town, my co-workers, and my patients. I've also invested a lot of myself in this business. . . I've built a good reputation for myself here. I don't want to leave. I love my house, our ward, and overall my job. But, Travis holding the wisdom that he does asked me one simple question that put everything into perspective for me. He said, "Bree, had Mike offered you this job originally would we be here?" My answer, no, I wouldn't. It was important to me to not have to drive to work. To be 5 minutes away from my kids (when we have them), so that I can be there if I need to be. This wasn't the job I signed up for, and it still isn't what I want.




With that decision made, I began looking for other jobs, and we listed our house with a real estate agent. Currently, our real estate agent has told us that there are two families interested in our home. We are expecting to see official offers at the beginning of this week, actually in the next few days. It has only been listed for about 2 weeks, so we are pretty excited.




I have an interview on Tuesday, September 23rd at Logan Regional Hospital for a position where I would spend half of my time in the Spine Clinic and the other half at Cache Kids pediatrics. I have another interview on September 30th for a float position at Primary Childrens. There are a few other options as well, but no interviews yet. We'll just have to see what happens.




So, this is where we are in our journey of decisions. Life and the Lord often have different plans for us than we do for ourselves. I just hope we have enough faith to make it through to where He wants us to go. We'll keep you updated as our journey continues. Until then, wish us luck, and keep us in your prayers.

6 comments:

Crystal Sargent said...

Dang it! Well, hopefully something works out, or you could just have kids! That will be nice to get the house sold...thanks for the referral...just kidding. You would probably love Primarys, there are so many things to get involved with there. I love them, and the lunchroom is my favorite...love it! The kids are so awesome too...not to mention you will be closer to civilization, aka, the mall! Good luck with the decisions! Tough one!

Jenny said...

My vote is LOGAN!!! We could be neighbors again.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Big life decisions are always hard to make. Good luck selling your home. I don't think you will have any problems. Your house is darling.

Andrea Campbell said...

Good luck! We're having a hard time making the move decision too. We'll be thinking of you.

Stacy said...

I know we really had a tough time leaving the WVC ward and friends but it has all worked out for us. We will keep you in our prayers.

Jamie said...

hey guys...we'll keep you in our prayers. we hope things can work out for ya...they always do. miss you!

Nicole Mecham said...

We will definatley keep you in our prayers. This is a big descision you guys have made and we will be there for you however you need is.