Sunday, September 7, 2008

Palisades and Powderhorn!

Well, Trav officially finished his powderhorn course. He had a blast and is very excited to get back into the scouting--and unfortunately for me, he is going to be scouting for 4 of the next 6 weekends. I guess I'll now term myself a weekend scouter's widow (Trav says that is only because I won't join him!)

Over Labor Day, we went to Palisades Resort by Manti down in Utah with all of our friends from the Wildwood Cove Condominiums (where we lived in West Valley before moving here to Evanston). We've made it a tradition to get together once in the summer for a camping trip. We thoroughly enjoyed fishing, 4-wheeling, and just plain old fun conversation. I swear we never laugh so hard as when we're with our friends from Wildwood. We even survived the wind and horrendous rain storms. Overall the tents did quite well although Kyle and Andrea got a little wet. Good thing it was just the last day.

This past weekend we went 4-wheeling with my parents up chalk creek into the Uintas. We made it up to Whitney lake and saw some amazing scenery. That would have to be my favorite part of 4-wheeling.

Unfortunately we didn't take any fun pictures of any of this--being lazy on the job of documentation I know, but what do ya do? We were just havin' too much fun. We'll keep you updated on our next adventures.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Palisades was a riot. Thank you Bree for providing us Travis for the evening entertainment. I laughed so much on that trip. I agree Wildwood was so much fun. I really hope we keep up the tradition.