Monday, March 19, 2012

Chemo #2




Meet the Red Devil--my new nemesis!

This time around was easier physically than the last. I tried several new tactics including sea bands, ginger pills, oils, and keeping up on the zofran preventatively. It worked with keeping the nausea under control. I'm still nauseated but it is tolerable. Fatigue is a given as well. The Neulasta shot kicked my butt again even with meds to help.


My hair was falling out everywhere, so we shaved it on March 15th. Thanks to everyone who shaved their heads in support.


The Boys All Shaved and Me "Before"


Cutting a Braid for my Scrapbook


And the Shaving Begins

Almost Done
The Baldies!


After the "Cry"Close Up



Emotionally this round has been trying. Partially due to my lack of hair, and partially due to reality. It isn't fun being sick, having others wait on you. This week cancer took me to a new low. It beat me up inside. I lost sight of hope for awhile. I lost the fight in me. I'm starting to find it again. Thanks for your prayers. I really do feel them.


My friend Amy, who has been through cancer, left me this on my facebook page. It reminds me where to turn and gives me hope.


"When the storms of life beat upon our homes, our hearts and our souls, may we remember and believe the Lord's promise, "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another." (D&C 93:24). May you also remember and believe that "they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31)."

11 comments:

Mama! said...

Bree, I think you look beautiful with no hair! You are so strong and I thank you for sharing your journey.

Miss Nelson said...

Bree, I know you're gonna beat this! I'm so proud of you and your positive attitude. I can't imagine all the emotions you much be feeling right now. Please know that you and Trav - along with your sweet babies are in my prayers each night.

Sara said...

Bree I can only imagine how you felt after shaving your head but can I honestly tell you how beautiful you are with now hair! You are still just as breath taking as you were with your full head of hair. Hope you keep feeling better.

Lindee said...

I'm so sorry you have to fight this battle. It hurts me inside to know you are suffering. Cancer is a beast! But you are stronger than cancer, YOU WILL WIN! Thank you for sharing your feelings on this blog and on facebook. You are amazing. And like you said, one day at a time.

Stacey said...

Pretty as ever! Thank you for sharing your journey with us :)

Nick, Jess and Bridger said...

Bree,
I had no clue, my heart goes out to you and your sweet family. I've seen your determination in grad school and was always admired you. Your in my prayers girl!!

Love, Jess

Shane said...

We miss you guys and our prayers go out to you and your family. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Even if its babysitting.

Shane said...

We miss you guys and our prayers go out to you and your family. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Even if its babysitting.

Tim and Shelly said...

Bree! I saw jessica's post on facebook. I didn't know! I'm terrible about getting on facebook and our blog. Tim and I just read your whole blog. We want you to know that we're concerned and thinking of you guys! We'll keep checking your updates, and praying for you! Good luck girl! P.s. Your kids are so cute! I'm prego and due in a week with a girl :)

The Carpenter Family said...

You look just as beautiful as always!! Thanks so much for sharing that wonderful quote from your friend...I actually needed that today :) You are such an inspiration to us all. Luv you and stay strong! When you have those tough days give your 2 little bundles of joy a big hug...that's what helps me!! It's something about the smiles of your little ones that makes all the hard stuff go away.

Lexie@BookBug said...

You are amazing and look fantastic with a shaved head!! Maybe you will start a new trend!!