Friday, January 13, 2012

Overwhelmed by LOVE.

Yesterday I was overwhelmed by reality. Today, I have been overwhelmed by LOVE.

At work today a co-worker made a comment that hit me profoundly. It was an amazing compliment. She looked at me and said, "I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but if I could've chosen someone to do this, it would be you. Your strength was evident even before you had to face all of this. I know you can do this." It meant the world to me to hear her opinion, that she had such faith in me.

Next, as I was finishing up some paperwork last minute before leaving work a few heads poked into my office. One of my sweet 4 year old patients and his family were there holding a cute little gift. In it was a pillow case, all girly and such (the material hand picked by my patient). His mom explained that whenever she is in the hospital the thing that helps her feel the most at home is her pillow, so they'd made me a pillow case to take along my ride. Attached was this sweet little poem:


"we hope this pillowcase we've made for you


helps on the journey you'll go through


your strength and courage will be tried


please always know we're on your side


we love you lots, wish you the best


so snuggle down and get some rest."



Next, I get home and find THREE beautiful vases of flowers. People who had thought of me and wanted to cheer me up. It worked, just so you know.



Finally, I spent the evening with a good friend. She had driven up from Kaysville simply to visit with me. We talked. It was nice, especially since Trav is gone to a scouting event tonight.



This is just today. Weeks ago I received a sweet package in the mail with a few of my friend's "favorite things" to cheer me up. That made my day. We've had countless dinners, babysitters, and an outpouring of love and support. Your comments on facebook and the blog buoy me up. You've opened my eyes. You've made me better. You've been such examples to me of service. I want to be more like all of you. I want to look for these little ways to make others lives better. I didn't before. I will now.



Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. It is so full of love....from all of you.


3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I'm reading about your news and how overwhelming it all must be, and how hard all the decisions must be. It sounds like you are in the best hands. Praying!!

BreeAnn and Travis said...

Thanks Shannan. I love and miss you guys. GIve Katers a squeeze for me! I truly feel that I am being well cared for....both from above and here.

Stacey said...

I think of you every day BreeAnne, and I totally agree with your co-worker...you are such a strong person! I know it's going to be a challenge, but you are going to make, and come through it stronger than you've ever been. We are all rooting for you and love you!